Whale Shark Encounter
First class all the way!
Whale Sharks (Rhiniodon Typus) are harmless sharks, not whales. They are the largest fish in the ocean, reaching over 50’ (15 m) and over 27,000 lb (12,500 kg).
The largest aggregation ever reported in the world occurs very close to Isla Mujeres and the east coast of the Yucatan Peninsula with up to 420 whale sharks observed in a single aerial survey and with all gathered in an elliptical patch of ocean approximately 18 km2.
Whale sharks are filter feeders and their favorite meal is plankton. In order to feed, they scoop these tiny plants and little animals, with their colossal gaping mouths while swimming close to the water’s surface.
Although massive, whale sharks are docile fish. You can safely snorkel with them while they are feeding on the surface. Each encounter allows for two people to enter the water at a time along with your guide.
During the trip you may also have the opportunity to also see large manta rays, dolphins, turtles and all kinds of sea life. An amazing experience!
A charter operation like no other!
Spring Rates: May 15 to Septembre 15th.
Whale Shark Encounter (4 hrs) $125 USD per person
Rates for Private Trips available.
Maximum ten (10) passengers.
- Additional tours and services available upon request.
- Rates subject to change without nottice.
- Extra charge: $100 USD per day fuel charge on voyages above 50 latitude line.
- Private and shared trips are available.
The trip includes:
- Box lunch, snacks and refreshments.
- Tips are welcome & based on your enjoyment of the day.
- Please don’t forget to bring sunglasses, sun block & camera!